‘Bachelor’ Star Colton Underwood Shares Health Update After Coronavirus Diagnosis

March 31, 2020
Categories: 

Colton Underwood is on the mend.

The former “Bachelor” star appeared on “Good Morning America” to share a health update on Tuesday after revealing that he tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this month.

"It was definitely a little bit of a scary time but I'm back to what I would consider normal," the 28-year-old said.

Underwood warned about the seriousness of the respiratory illness that was deemed a global pandemic during his appearance, describing the symptoms that impacted him more than he generally supposed at the time of diagnosis.

"At the time there was so much reporting going on that it might not affect the younger generation, and I consider myself 28 and healthy and it knocked me on my butt," he said. "I just wanted to share that message with everybody there that you do need to take this serious -- everybody of all ages."

Since his diagnosis, Underwood has been quarantined with his girlfriend Cassie Randolph and her family at their home in Huntington Beach, CA. He gushed about their support through the experience.

"I sort of for a few days was left helpless and stranded and self-isolated on their third story floor, but they've been running coffee and food up with masks and gloves and they've been so helpful and it's been so nice," he said.

Following recovery, Underwood is looking ahead with hopes to donate his plasma.

"I'm actually working with the hospital here in Orange County right now. They're testing everything. I still have to wait a few more days where I could actually donate my blood to another human to help them fight," he said. "But I have donated it for research purposes and I'm excited to help any way I can."

During his appearance, he discussed his new book, a memoir titled "The First Time: Finding Myself and Looking for Love on Reality TV."

"It was a way for me to write a book and get a feel that I have my life back," he said. "After reality TV -- it's so revealing -- but I even took it a step further and decided to open up the curtains fully."

In a video posted to his Instagram on March 20, the 23rd season star told fans about his diagnosis.

“We got this,” Underwood captioned the video. “I tested positive and I have been following all of the social distancing rules since last week. My symptoms started a few days ago, I was tested and just received my results today. For anyone out there that is hesitant to self quarantine... please do yourself and your loved ones a favor and stay home. We will all beat this and come out stronger on the other side. I’ll keep you posted, Love y’all.”

"The First Time: Finding Myself and Looking for Love on Reality TV" is available today from Simon & Schuster.

LISTEN NOW on the RADIO.COM App
Follow RADIO.COM
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram